SELECTION TIMELINE (Please note: 2019 timetable is due to be released in April 2019, the following historical information is kept for background only)
Selection Opens: Monday 4 June 2018 09:00 (AEDT)
Selection Closes: Friday 15 June 2018 17:00 (AEDT)
Referee Checks commence: Monday 18 June 2018
Referee Checks finalised: Friday 29 June 2018
Notification of Interviews: Friday 6 July 2018
Interviews: Wednesday 25 July 2018 (Sydney)
Notification of Outcome: Friday 10 August 2018
APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY
The Post Fellowship Training (PFT) program in breast surgery is open to suitably qualified trainees who have been awarded Fellowship of the RACS in General Surgery
Applications will be considered by members of the BreastSurgANZ Post-Fellowship Training Committee.
- – Cirriculum Vitae – 30%
- – Referees Reports – 30%
- – Interview – 40%
The number of offers made for the 2019 PFT Program will be dependent on the availability of accredited training positions.
Applicants should download and complete the 2019 BreastSurgANZ PFT Program Application Form.
All applications must include the following:
– Covering letter outlining your reasons for applying
– Completed Selection Application form with relevant attachments
– Proof of successful completion of the Fellowship Examination in General Surgery
– Proof of current medical registration from the applicable Medical Board or Council in Australia or New Zealand (e.g. AHPRA).
Australian applicants must have general scope or restricted general scope registration in relevant specialty.
– Proof of citizenship or permanent residency status in Australia or New Zealand
– Proof of Medical Indemnity Insurance
– Preferred list of 10 work sites including city and institution (Australia and New Zealand)
– Three (3) referees
Click HERE to download the form.
During scoring of an application, points will be awarded for the following:
– Experience in general surgery
– Experience in breast surgery
– Higher Degree
– Publications – quality of journals
– Presentations at national or international meetings
– Administrative involvement and organisation skills
– Other activities – leadership qualities
Candidates will be notified if they are required for an interview. Applicants will be interviewed in person on Wednesday 25 July 2018 in Sydney.
A non-refundable application fee of $550 (inc GST) is payable upon application for the 2019 BreastSurgANZ PFT Program. No application will be considered prior to payment.
Click HERE to download the payment form. Please return the completed payment form with your application.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Completed applications and all supporting documentation must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 17:00 AEDT on Friday 15 June 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
Please format the subject heading of your email as follows: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_PFT_2019
If attaching mulitple documents please ensure the following naming convention: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_NameofDocument e.g. SMITH_JOHN_Scholarship1