SELECTION TIMELINE for 2020 BreastSurgANZ PFT Program
Selection Opens: Monday 3 June 2019 09:00 (AEDT)
Selection Closes: Friday 21 June 2019 17:00 (AEDT) NOTE EXTENDED DEADLINE TO 21st JUNE
Referee Checks commence: Monday 17 June 2019
Referee Checks finalised: Friday 28 June 2019
Notification of Interviews: Friday 5 July 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 24 July 2019 (ADELAIDE)
Notification of Outcome: Friday 9 August 2019
APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY
The Post Fellowship Training (PFT) program in breast surgery is open to suitably qualified trainees who have been awarded Fellowship of the RACS in General Surgery
Applications will be considered by members of the BreastSurgANZ Post-Fellowship Training Committee.
- – Cirriculum Vitae – 30%
- – Referees Reports – 20%
- – Interview – 50%
The number of offers made for the 2020 PFT Program will be dependent on the availability of accredited training positions and the selection assessment of trainees.
Applicants should download and complete the 2020 BreastSurgANZ PFT Program Application Form.
All applications must include the following:
– Covering letter outlining your reasons for applying
– Completed Selection Application form with relevant attachments
– Proof of successful completion of the Fellowship Examination in General Surgery
– Proof of current medical registration from the applicable Medical Board or Council in Australia or New Zealand (e.g. AHPRA).
Australian applicants must have general scope or restricted general scope registration in relevant specialty.
– Proof of citizenship or permanent residency status in Australia or New Zealand – For overseas Applicants where citizenship or residency is not current at the time of application, selection will be subject to the employment policy of a participating hospital for acceptance of overseas Applicants.
– Proof of Medical Indemnity Insurance
– Preferred list of a minimum of 10 hospital positions (including city and institution Australia and New Zealand) – Candidates must only name Hospitals that they are willing to accept a position at, and should note that any refusal to accept a matched position will result in removal from the PFT program.
– Three (3) referees
Click HERE to download the form.
During scoring of an application, points will be awarded for the following:
– Experience in general surgery
– Experience in breast surgery
– Higher Degree
– Publications – quality of journals
– Presentations at national or international meetings
– Administrative involvement and organisation skills
– Other activities – leadership qualities
– NOTE – Applicants are encouraged to contact hospital supervisors / contacts where they require any further details of hospital positions , however this is not a requirement and no points will be awarded for any contact or expression of interest made to Hospitals.
Candidates will be notified if they are required for an interview. Applicants will be interviewed in person on Wednesday 24 July 2019 in ADELAIDE, Australia.
A non-refundable application fee of $550 (inc GST) is payable upon application for the 2019 BreastSurgANZ PFT Program.
Credit card Payment may be made HERE (please quote ‘your last name (PFT2020)’ as the invoice reference). Alternately we can invoice you for your immediate payment by direct deposit into our bank account upon receipt of your application. Please note that no application will be considered prior to receipt of payment.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Completed applications and all supporting documentation must be submitted via email to email@example.com by no later than 17:00 AEDT on Friday 14 June 2019. No late applications will be accepted.
Please format the subject heading of your email as follows: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_PFT_2020
Please ensure the following naming convention for documents: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_NameofDocument e.g. SMITH_JOHN_Scholarship1
Please provide Cover letter, Application form (containing a list of at least 10 preferred hospitals), and CV, each as separate PDF documents, other evidentiary documents may be combined as a single PDF file.
(Note no payment form is required, see above for application payment details).