2022 BreastSurgANZ Post Fellowship Training Program
APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY
The Post Fellowship Training (PFT) Program in breast surgery is open to suitably qualified trainees who have been awarded Fellowship of the RACS in General Surgery.
Selection for the BreastSurgANZ PFT Program is a competitive process managed via a centralised application system. All Applications are scored and ranked and successful applicants are offered positions based on their final rankings. No offers of training for the BreastSurgANZ PFT Program are made outside of the centralised application process.
Applications will be considered by members of the BreastSurgANZ Post-Fellowship Training Committee and other nominated BreastSurgANZ Training Supervisors.
Please refer to the BreastSurgANZ PFT Program Handbook for full Program details.
Only applications from Australian and New Zealand candidates will be considered for the 2022 PFT Program.
Selection Timetable (for 2022)
Selection Opens: Monday 14 June 2021 09:00 (AEST)
Selection Closes: Friday 25 June 2021 17:00 (AEST)
Referee Checks commence: Monday 28 June 2021
Referee Checks finalised: Friday 16 July 2021
Notification of Interviews: Monday 19 July 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 28 and Thursday 29 July 2021 (via videoconference)
Notification of Outcome: Friday 6 August 2021
- Curriculum Vitae – 30%
- Referees Reports – 30%
- Interview – 40%
The number of offers made for the 2022 PFT Program will be dependent on the availability of accredited training positions.
Applicants must complete the 2022 BreastSurgANZ PFT Program Application Form as part of their application form.
Download the 2022 Application Form FRM_2022_Selection Application_BreastSurgANZ PFT Program
All applications must include ALL of the following:
- Covering letter outlining your reasons for applying
- Completed BreastSurgANZ PFT Program Application Form
- Current Cirriculum Vitae (CV)
- Proof of successful completion of the Fellowship Examination in General Surgery (if you have not yet completed the Part 2 exam please advise when you submit your application)
- Proof of current medical registration from the applicable Medical Board or Council in Australia or New Zealand (e.g. AHPRA)
Australian applicants must have general scope or restricted general scope registration in relevant specialty.
- Proof of citizenship or permanent residency status in Australia or New Zealand
- Proof of Medical Indemnity Insurance
- Four (4) referees (only three will be contacted)
All applications will be scored and points will be awarded for the following:
– Experience in general surgery
– Experience in breast surgery
– Higher Degree
– Publications – quality of journals
– Presentations at national or international meetings
– Administrative involvement and organisation skills
– Other activities – leadership qualities
Following the application process, candidates will be notified if they are required for an interview. All interviews will take place via videoconference on Wednesday 28 and Thursday 29 July 2021 after 17:30 (AEST). Candidates will be advised on Monday 19 July of their interview time.
A non-refundable application fee of $550 (inc GST) is payable upon application for the 2022 BreastSurgANZ PFT Program.
No application will be considered prior to receipt of payment. An invoice will be sent to you following submission of your application. All invoices must be paid within seven (7) days of receipt.
A training fee of $2,750 (inc GST) will apply for the BreastSurgANZ PFT Program training in 2022.
This training fee is payable upon confirmation of a successful offer onto the Program.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Completed applications and all supporting documentation must be submitted VIA EMAIL TO [email protected] by no later than 17:00 AEST on Friday 25 June 2021.
Please format the subject of your email as follows: 2022 BSANZ PFT PROGRAM_LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME
Please submit all documents listed under the Selection Application as separate pdf files.
No late applications will be accepted.
All enquiries should be directed to [email protected]