2021 BreastSurgANZ Post Fellowship Training Program
APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY
The Post Fellowship Training program in breast surgery is open to suitably qualified trainees who have been awarded Fellowship of the RACS in General Surgery
Applications will be considered by members of the BreastSurgANZ Post-Fellowship Training Committee.
Selection Timetable (for 2021 first year trainees only)
Selection Opens: Monday 31 August 2020 09:00 (AEDT)
Selection Closes: Friday 11 September 2020 17:00 (AEDT)
Referee Checks commence: Monday 14 September 2020
Referee Checks finalised: Friday 25 September 2020
Notification of Interviews: Tuesday 29 September 2020
Interviews: Wednesday 14 October 2020 (via videoconference)
Notification of Outcome: Wednesday 21 October 2020
- Curriculum Vitae – 30%
- Referees Reports – 30%
- Interview – 40%
The number of offers made for the 2021 PFT Program will be dependent on the availability of accredited training positions.
Applicants should download and complete the 2021 BreastSurgANZ PFT Program Application Form.
Download the 2021 Application Form here.
All applications must include ALL of the following:
- Covering letter outlining your reasons for applying
- Completed BreastSurgANZ PFT Program Application Form
- Proof of successful completion of the Fellowship Examination in General Surgery (if you have not yet completed the Part 2 exam please advise when you submit your application)
- Proof of current medical registration from the applicable Medical Board or Council in Australia or New Zealand (e.g. AHPRA)
Australian applicants must have general scope or restricted general scope registration in relevant specialty.
- Proof of citizenship or permanent residency status in Australia or New Zealand
- Proof of Medical Indemnity Insurance
- Preferred list of 10 of the listed Hospital Positions – click here to view available positions.
- Three (3) referees.
All applications will be scored and points will be awarded for the following:
– Experience in general surgery
– Experience in breast surgery
– Higher Degree
– Publications – quality of journals
– Presentations at national or international meetings
– Administrative involvement and organisation skills
– Other activities – leadership qualities
Following the application process, candidates will be notified if they are required for an interview. All interviews will take place via videoconference on Wednesday 14 October after 17:30 (AEDT).
A non-refundable application fee of $550 (inc GST) is payable upon application for the 2021 BreastSurgANZ PFT Program.
No application will be considered prior to receipt of payment. An invoice will be sent to you following submission of your application. All invoices must be paid within seven (7) days of receipt.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Completed applications and all supporting documentation must be submitted VIA EMAIL TO email@example.com by no later than 17:00 AEDT on Friday 11 September 2020.
Please format the subject of your email as follows: 2021 BSANZ PFT PROGRAM_LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME
Please submit all documents listed under the Selection Application as separate pdf files.
No late applications will be accepted.
All enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org